What is anasr.org?
The Algerian Network for Academics, Scientists & Researchers is an interaction space to discover, share and inspire Algerian intellect across the globe. anasr.org aims to foster a community of Algerian academics, scientists, researchers and practitioners by developing an independent, community-led platform for exchange, and providing its members with effective means to corroborate their expertise and benefit from their peers inside and outside of Algeria.
Who is behind it?
anasr.org is developed and maintained on a voluntary basis without external funding by a dedicated and growing team of Algerian scientists and professionals. Meet the team here.
How does anasr.org work to achieve its mission?
We want to help discover, share and inspire Algerian intellect across the globe and to achieve this, we are currently focusing on three projects:
- An online interactive website at the core of which is (what we hope will become) the biggest open directory of Algerian academics, scientists, researchers and practitioners. The website also have a number of interactive features to help members engage with each other in useful ways.
- An online magazine, Inspire Magazine, which aims to promote and inspire Algerian intellect, with a particular focus on science and academia.
- The Algerian Paper of the Year Awards, which aims to recognise and celebrate scientific publications produced by Algerian scientists and researchers. The first edition of the Awards was launched in January 2013.
Why are we building it?
We believe in the universal character of knowledge and in the communal nature of the effort required to promote it. We also believe in striving to shape knowledge that embodies our values and serve the needs and concerns of our society.
We are convinced that the Algerian academician, scientist, researcher and practitioner have a pivotal role to play in articulating paths towards a prosperous future for Algeria in particular and the world in general. We therefore believe that a key aspect of fulfilling such a role is to engage positively with ones peers through a spirit of:
- Openness: in sharing of information and interaction between peers.
- Participation: in developing ideas and realising them in practice.
- Cooperation: between individuals within the network and with other groups and organisations who share the same aspirations.
With its interactive features and collaborative tools, anasr.org aims to promote this spirit of participatory work for the advancement and exchange of knowledge. We strongly agree with the idea that this endeavour must develop organically from within the community rather than be merely handed down by institutions.
How can you help?
If you share our values we invite to actively contribute to promote them through anasr.org:
- Join us: Become a member and make use of the features that we have developed on this site.
- Read and write: for Inspire Magazine to promote yourself, your opinions and your work. Inspire Magazine can help you reach your peers by disseminating your success stories, articles, your latest results, expert opinion and updates about your ongoing projects.
- Get involved: if you think you can help or have ideas for how we can develop and improve anasr.org, then please get in touch with the team.
- Spread the word: help us grow our community by liking our facebook page, following our twitter feed, sharing the page with your friends and followers and generally just spread the word as much as you can.